2004 Ringside World Championship Results
The largest amateur boxing tournament in the world just wrapped up. It’s called the Ringside World Championships & was held in Kansas City,Missouri at the Kansas City Expo Center. 1,320 athletes from 15 countries took part. There were six boxing rings going at the same time. It was unbelievably organized; John Brown, the President & CEO of Ringside did a great job. Here are the results:
- Mark DeLuca, 16 years old – open seniors division. Mark beat the Canadian National Champion in the semi-finals and went on to win the division as Ringside World Champion for open seniors division at 165lbs.
- Rachael DeLuca, 10 years old – 75 lb girls – Ringside World Champion
- Zack DeLuca, 11 years old – 75 lb boys – ranked third in the Ringside Worlds
- John O’Brien, 56 years old – lost in the finals, Masters division heavy weight ranked second behind the winner. John is also a second or third degree Tae Kwon Do blackbelt, he’s a black belt in Kempo karate, a former kick-boxer, and runs a dojo during the day & is a boxing coach at our gym at night.
- Demetrius “Booboo” Andrade, fresh off of his international Junior Olympic Gold Medal, won the open seniors division at 154lbs; This was a very competitive weight division; Booboo had to fight all of the four days of the tournament, but still won handily.
All of these fighters appear on the PBP DVD except for John, but he does follow the same training procedure as he’s a trainer at our gym.
John Brown, the President & CEO of Ringside, was so impressed with the level of conditioning of our fighters that he approached Chief DeLuca & asked about our conditioning program.
“I highly recommend Power Behind the Punch. It’s a strength and conditioning prorgam that will enhance your boxers’ ability without adding excess size or weight. It’s a program that leaves your boxer feeling fresh and ready to fight instead of sore and burnt out.”
—Norman “Stoney” Stone, 2002 Manager of the Year—B.W.A.A., trainer/manager of World Heavy Weight Champion John Ruiz.
“In the world where incompetence hides behind artificial complexity it is refreshing to see a strength and conditioning program with hard-hitting results and no extra parts. I highly recommend ‘Power Behind the Punch: Kettlebell Conditioning for Boxers’ by Steve Baccari and Jeff Martone to anyone motivated to be a better man.”
—Pavel Tsatsouline, the author of “The Russian Kettlebell Challenge”
“Simple, safe, yet super effective. “Power Behind the Punch” will do as advertised. It will bring you from pre-season to fight night. Steve Baccari and Jeff Martone have done an excellent job putting this material together. All you have to do is supply the elbow grease.”
—Bobby Bower, Deputy Boxing Commissioner, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
“The Power Behind The Punch DVD was great because it demonstrates a simple method of conditioning where expensive gym memberships and dangerous lifts aren’t needed…just a few kettlebells and about 25 minutes per day.”
—Paul Andrade, Level 3 USA Boxing coach, Providence, RI
“Awesome. This video teaches a simple method of exercises, that can be done anywhere, which gives the hand to hand combat athlete explosiveness and conditioning, something all fighters need.”
—David Keefe, former Golden Gloves boxer, undefeated kickboxer, 1999 NAGA Full Contact Karate Champion, trainer of numerous amateur and professional boxers, Pawtucket, RI
“Since my fighters have been on the Power Behind the Punch program, punch output and punching power along with their stamina has increased. This video is the reason I have national champs and world rated contenders.”
—Steve Maze, Boxing Coach, South Shore PAL, Quincy, MA
“Power Behind the Punch: Kettlebell Conditioning For Boxers will add great results to any amateur or professional boxer. It has made a strong difference in my super middleweight boxing career. This video is a must see! Your strength and skills will go off the charts!”
—Shaun “BigTrouble” Creegan
“Steve Baccari and Jeff Martone’s “Power Behind The Punch” is the most effective, straight-to-the-heart-of-the-matter guide to boxing conditioning ever developed -and the principles conveyed therein lend themselves to any fighting art.”
—Stuart Randall, Ultimate Gym Rat, Goffstown, NH