Grilled Herbed Asparagus
Grilled asparagus spears elegantly displayed on a platter, drizzled with olive oil, and dusted with freshly grated cheese complement all types of grilled meat. If you have guests coming to your cookout, prepare the asparagus ahead and store covered in the refrigerator. Cold leftovers are a fantastic addition to salads. When it’s too cold for grilling, we broil or lightly saute the herbed asparagus.
1 lb. Asparagus (fresh)
1 T. Coconut Oil or Butter, liquified
1/2 tsp. Tarragon (dried)
1/2 tsp. Marjoram (dried)
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
Top After Grilling:
1-2 T. Olive Oil (extra-virgin, cold-pressed)
1-2 T. Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated (raw)
1 T. Romano Cheese, freshly grated
1. Rinse & drain the asparagus. Cut off the tough ends.
2. In a small pan, liquify the coconut oil or butter over LOW heat.
3. Remove oil/butter from heat; stir in seasonings.
4. Brush or spoon the marinade over the asparagus spears; turn to coat.
5. Grill over MEDIUM heat until slightly crispy.
6. Transfer to a platter, drizzle Olive Oil, and grate the (optional) cheeses on top.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Grill Time: 5 minutes